Friday, May 7, 2010

BCS Student Goes for Eagle Scout!

Evan Helfrich is an eighth grader at BCS in Mrs. Huff's homeroom. This Saturday, May 8, 2010, Evan is sponsoring a geocaching "Cache In Trash Out" (CITO) event at Oakland University for his Eagle Scout project. During this event, Evan and his cadre of volunteers plan to clear one of Oakland University's many nature trails of trash and debris. Here is the event as it is listed on the geocaching page:

This is CA$HE SCOUT's Eagle Scout Project. For the first part of my project, I have already built and installed a permanent trash can at this nature trail. Now I am hosting a Cache In Trash Out event to clean up the area and to get the word out about this nature trail. Come to Oakland University Parking Lot 31 at 9:00 AM on Saturday, May 8th. I'll have trash bags and latex gloves but wear old clothes. We should be done by 11:30 AM.
I really like geocaching in this area. When I approached Oakland University about my project, they asked me to focus on this short but beautiful nature trail. During the summer, children from the Lowry Early Childhood Center across the street use this trail just about every day.
I will have everything essential for my CITO event headquartered in the building and grounds center. This includes; water, trash bags, latex gloves, and a map of the area. I will have 5 zones for people to clean up.
I think that this will be a fun and exciting CITO - thank you for your support.
And a link to the actual page: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7ca69a0b-a411-4ea5-9b82-af06a58c143d

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx?lat=42.667890052808296&lng=-83.20680141448974&zm=15&mt=m

No comments:

Post a Comment